Transfer Students

The Program for Intensive English accepts International Transfer students currently in the United States on an F-1 visa.


To be eligible for a transfer you must be in valid F-1 status. We will contact your old school to confirm that you are eligible for a transfer.

How to Transfer to PIE

  • Transfer students should apply to PIE and email a copy of their current I-20 and current F-1 visa to PIE at
  • Then, we will confirm your transfer eligibility with your current school.
  • PIE will provide anĀ admission letter and a transfer form that you will give to your current school.
  • Your current school will release your SEVIS record to us at the conclusion of your studies.
  • You will receive a new I-20 from PIE, and are required to start in the next available session.

If you plan to travel outside of the United States between attending your old school and starting at PIE, please let us know at